Enterprise Zone Tax Credits (Long Beach)
The termination of enterprise zone tax credits is a huge loss for Long Beach. Over 550 businesses will be affected. The incentive for these businesses to hire workers from disadvantaged zip codes and neighborhoods is now reduced.
The state has no problem with free handouts, but when it comes to local businesses, which bring jobs and revenue to the state, they repeal their tax benefits.
Our local economy is like an ecosystem. When a local business is limited to growth and their incentives to expand are taken away there is a direct affect on new and existing jobs. Without new jobs and possibly the loss of existing jobs you will see a decrease in consumer spending, which in turn will hurt other local businesses. This cycle will continue when programs like the enterprise zone tax credit are reduced.
Please take a second a check out the newly improved Baypoint website. You can also download your free retirement guide from the site.
Insurance Policies you don’t need
Like this article mentions you can insure almost every risk out there, but some of these are absurd. Wedding insurance, really?
I give my clients these tips every time they are preparing for a paramed exam
- Take your medical exam early in the morning before breakfast
- Do not drink caffeine or workout before your exam
- Do not drink alcohol the day of or the day before
- Stop taking any kind of workout supplement at least five days before your medical exam including protein powder (unless your physician has you on a regiment)
- Try to keep your carb intake low for a few days before your exam
- Stay away from trans fat and anything that is high in bad cholesterol
I hope this helps you or your client get the best insurance rating possible.